Weight loss ticker.

Monday, November 14, 2011

French Onion Soup Tartine


Tonight's menu: French Onion Soup Tartine! I found the recipe on the Vegetarian Times website. It's a thickened version of french onion soup, served as an open-faced sandwich on a thick slice of Indian bread, with shredded Gruyere cheese sprinkled over the top and melted to gooey perfection in the broiler! It was supposed to have some pretty caramelized onion slices on the top, but since it's just me, I skipped that step. This was quite an undertaking for me, but soooo worth it! The recipe made enough for 4, so I have enough for yummy leftovers! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debb!

    This looks so yummy! Lee and I have been eating French Onion Soup for the last 2 days.(vegan recipe from the 21 day diet I tried) It is good but this looks and sounds so much better!
    Love your posts(the pictures are so well done too)!

    Hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete