Weight loss ticker.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Ninja

My early birthday present....a ninja! No, not the teenage mutant turtle kind! It's a Ninja Master Prep Professional food prep system! It has pitchers and bowls and cutting blades and lids and a master pod (motor). It can crush, blend, and chop. I wanted something to make my green smoothies (that's another post...and soon, I hope). A Vitamix, which would have been my first choice, was WAAAAAYYY too expensive, so Chuck did the research and found great reviews on the Ninja. ($60 and free shipping from Target.com.) I used it last night with some ice and orange juice to make an orange slushie. Mmmm. (It turns ice into snow.) One recipe calls for orange juice and yogurt to make a creamsicle flavor. Can't wait to try that. But this morning I tried it on my green smoothie. I put in a banana, some frozen strawberries, some protein powder, some ground flax seed, some kale, and water, and it turned out perfect! It's good and filling, so I don't feel like snacking before lunch. Here's to another weapon in my arsenal to help me achieve lasting weight loss! Yay! And thanks to hubby for the early birthday present!
'Til the next pound down.....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great price! What other items have you made with it? I'll have to check it out. I watched a video on you tube comparing the Vitamix to 3 other blenders and it didn't do very well. :0( I may just go with the $115 one. hehe

    Hope your doing well Debb. I have been a bit under the weather plus with a tore up leg and knee isn't helping much. I'm recovering from the family visit but it's slow going. :0)

    Miss talking with you.

    ReplyDelete