Weight loss ticker.

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Starting Over...Again

 Well, it really isn't starting over...again...but it's close! I really never quit. I just seem to take breaks and gain a couple pounds back. I'm down almost twenty pounds since the last post, and I lost it during the Covid pandemic. WOW! That's one for the history books, people! 

HOWEVER, during the last two years I lost thirty pounds. Do the math. Yep. Down twenty in the last paragraph. That means a gain of 10 POUNDS! Now, there is an explanation for that. I'm not sure it's a good one, but there is one. 

During the early months of the pandemic, I was the weirdo who walked on the treadmill and watched calories while most of the world was taking advantage of being a couch potato. The following year I followed a plan called Noom, and it was working for a while, then they changed formats and it felt goofy and off to me, which wasn't the entire problem...

I went to a new doctor (doctors are a WHOLE 'nother post!) and she FLIPPED OUT at my A1C, which was 5.7. She said it's creeping up there and I needed to eat low carb and see a diabetic therapist. I said NO, it's not creeping up! It's going down! It used to be 6.3!!! She didn't believe me. I told her that I'm already doing intermittent fasting, eating 1200 calories per day, drinking a gallon of water per day, exercising, and so on. She didn't care. Completely insistent that I go see the diabetic therapist. But in the meantime, I started the downward spiral. All the hard work came crashing in around me. I tried low carb and gained. I recorded all my food and gained. By the time my appointment with the diabetic therapist arrived, I was armed with notebooks of all I had done. And this saint of a woman believed me. She said she had NEVER had anyone come in that knew as much as me and was as prepared as me. She. Believed. Me. However, the damage was done. I couldn't get back on track. That was last October. It is now August and I finally feel like I've healed from the trauma. (I know you're thinking -- you call THAT trauma??? Yes. Simply yes. Believe me. There's a history.) That doctor actually left the practice and I got a new doctor that was WORSE if you can believe that! So with the help of another doctor friend, I have a gentle and kind new nurse practitioner that I think will work out great! 

With all that being said, I think a PLANT-STRONG lifestyle, counting calories, and gentle but consistent exercise is my plan for now. My husband hasn't retired yet, so I have a goal to get below 200 by his retirement in January. That's a loss of 31 pounds in just under 6 months. I also have a health screening for insurance in October, and I want those numbers to be GREAT! It starts today! 

Til the next pound down!

No comments:

Post a Comment