Weight loss ticker.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Italian Crescent Casserole

I have to share a new recipe that I tried. Chuck ate two helpings!

1 lb lean ground beef (I used 1/2 ground turkey and 1/2 TVP)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup spaghetti sauce
6 Oz (1 1/2 cups) shredded Mozzerella cheese
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 (8 oz) can refrigerated Crescent rolls (I used reduced fat)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine

Heat oven to 375. In large skillet brown beef and onion until beef is thoroughly cooked, drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, heat thoroughly.

In medium bowl, stir together mozzerella cheese and sour cream.

Pour hot meat mixture into ungreased 12 x 8 baking dish. Spoon cheese mixture over meat mixture.

Unroll dough over cheese mixture. In small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and margarine, spread evenly over dough. Bake at 375 for 18 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.

Hope you enjoy this!

1 comment:

  1. Debb, I'm so excited to see you using TVP! I love it and use it all the time. I like to soak it in a "marinade" with liquid smoke and it really does taste like ground beef to me...well better since I'm not much of a beef eater. :0) I also love using it to make taco taco soup. Yummy...now to give this one a try.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe :0)
    Have a great weekend!

    Your friend and diet buddy,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete