Weight loss ticker.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Same Weight, Different Day

I am now exactly where I was 1 month ago, and 2 months ago, and even 6 months ago. I haven't lost anything in 6 months. The last (and only) time I ever lost weight was 9 years ago when I lost 32 pounds in 16 weeks. Then I went on a trip and couldn't work out, then got home and got pneumonia and couldn't work out, then got a different job, and I gained it all back plus more. It has taken me two years to lose 27 pounds, and since then I can't seem to go below the 244 mark, which is where I STARTED nine years ago. I realized then, and I'm realizing it even more now, that losing weight is a part-time job. It literally takes 2-4 hours every day to plan meals, prepare vegetables, cook your meals properly, and exercise. It has come to the point in my life where I must be willing to take on the extra "job" of losing this weight. Working 8 hour days and finding 2-4 more hours each day to change my lifestyle enough to lose the weight is going to be a reality beginning this week. Actually, I've done pretty good for the past 5 days with meal planning, grocery shopping and eating, so all I need to do is start fitting in the exercise. I'm ready. I've also worked really hard at getting plenty of sleep, and I think that is helping me mentally and physically. I'm not as fatigued when I get home from work, and tonight I was mentally ready to start a workout. I think getting the Wii Fit and Balance Board will be great to start working out and having fun at the same time. It has already been shipped. I will let you know in my next post how I like it.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debb!

    It sounds like we are in the same boat. I just can't crack 270! You are going to love the Wii fit board. It makes it fun but you can get a good sweat! One of the exercises is stepping up and down to get in so many steps. My legs ache after doing it. (But then I'm thinking I'm in a lot worse shape than you so you will probably do great)I am so excited to see how you like it.

    Keep us posted on how your doing!

    Your friend and diet buddy,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete