Weight loss ticker.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

900 Mile Journey



Back in 2004 I was motivated to "walk" to Canada before our upcoming fishing trip, a distance of 900 miles. I made this poster, with each wavy line having 100 dividing lines, and 9 wavy lines, equaling 900 miles. I even put familiar cities along the route so I would have an idea of how far it was. This was probably our 10th or 11th trip up there, so I was pretty familiar with those cities!


As I would walk or ride my exercise bike, I would color in the lines. Well, I created another row of wavy lines and mile marks below that first line, intending to walk to Canada again, but never got it started. Today I got out this happy little poster, even though we haven't been fishing at Pine Point for a while, and I'm going to make the 900 mile trek again! I've already got 1 mile to add to it -- today, December 1, 2010 -- a new beginning!

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME!!!!! You go girl! This is such a cool idea. You did such a great job on this poster. Boy oh boy are you motivating me! I feel like walking right now! LOL (ok maybe tomorrow hehe)
    Take care and I am looking forward to your posts on this blog.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete