Weight loss ticker.

Monday, December 27, 2010

The New Starting Point

I have gained back 2.7 pounds since December 16. That puts my current weight at 247.1. I don't like it, but then again, it could be worse. When I was going to Weight Watchers, it could go up that much in a week. Now it's two weeks, plus it was the Christmas holiday. I think this gain will come off right away and I'll be able to maintain that loss.

Earlier this year my goal was to get below 250, which I have met and thankfully, maintained. Now, my goal is to get below 225. I KNOW it will happen! Maybe I will even see below 200 this year. Oh, to be in the 100's again! There's a reason it's called ONEderland!!!! I think I weighed around 190 when we moved to the horse farm in 1993. I thought I would lose weight with all the activity of owning a farm and raising animals. But for some reason, I didn't lose. I had my hysterectomy in 1996, and I thought that would "cure" everything. Now, I think it was probably the beginning of the permanent gain that I've dealt with since then.

I was never really overweight until the 1990's. I thought I was fat at 160!!! Then, life seems to hit you in the face, marriage takes a nose dive, a parent dies, jobs change. I can look back and see that the first big gain was in the early 90's. I was depressed and went on Prozac. That cause a huge gain, then the move to the country, then the hysterectomy, then more depression and Prozac. It all happened before I knew it. Then life changes again....children grow up and move out, another move from country to town, taking care of another elderly parent, more job changes. NOW is the time for me to take control back and LOVE this stage in my life. The stage where I will lose weight, be more confident, and gain back the self-esteem that has been hidden behind this fat for so long! Today is the beginning!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Debb! I just love your courage and determination! When you sit and read what all you have been thru not just physically but how you have had so much to deal with emotionally, I am amazed at how well you have taken care of yourself.
    And I know one thing for sure. You WILL lose the weight and your self esteem will rise to the top. If only you could see yourself in my eyes for one brief moment you'd know how beautiful, kind, and most of all how much you matter to others...and that means me too!!!!
    Thanks for your support and the courage to let down the walls and share your feelings on this blog. I know you are helping others out there too. I'm so glad to count you as a friend!
    Keep going... keep moving...keep making good choices and most of all keep posting!
    Your friend and diet buddy,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete