Weight loss ticker.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Day Resolutions

In the spirit of the new year, I am resolving not once, but 365 times, to begin again. Every day I will begin with my "New Day Resolution" and have 1 or 2 things I will resolve to do that day. If I fail once, I haven't blown the whole year. I can start again tomorrow! It is one more way that I'm going to be gentler with myself and my {SLOW} weight loss. I will weigh in on Monday, December 27 to see what my new "beginning" weight is, every day I will choose 2 things from this list that I will complete that day. This list will be added to throughout the year to create more challenging things for me, but for now, so that I will not fail, I will start with these:

Drink 8 glasses of water.
Eat 4 fruits/veggies
Replace a meal with a salad.
Replace a meal with a smoothie.
Walk on the treadmill 15 minutes.
Work out on the home gym.
Make 4 extra trips up and down the stairs.
Take my vitamins.
Use my dumbbells for upper body strength.
Drink green tea.

OK, so I do some of these every day anyway. This is not meant to be a challenge every single day, it is meant to keep me feeling successful and motivated. As I need new challenges (that IS the goal!) I will add them...but only so that I remain successful! Failure is NOT an option! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Alright Debb!

    What a great list!!! It looks like you've really got it covered. I'm going to have to make a list like this and keep it on the fridge. (at least I'll see it a lot...LOL) I've got to tell you I am so glad I live in a ranch style home...no stairs for me. Doing the stairs will be one good workout!
    I like that your doing cardio(treadmill) and the weights. My doctor told me how using weights helps prevent bone loss too. I really need to get back to using my work out equipment...and boy do I have plenty!
    Ok Debb, I'm off to work on my list.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete